RHINOCAD AND PROTOTYPES

At this point I had a clear idea in mind for the final design, which was a geometric lightshade that could  be altered and used as a decorative piece. The only issue I had with this was how would the design keep the desired form as a light shade or decorative piece? Would I use some sort of elastic or wire? This then led me to thinking of using a fabric or vinyl material for the light and attaching mirrored shapes separately. This way I could incorporate wire into the material giving the user the flexibility to alter the design into a variety of forms.
 
These lines where drawn on Rhinocad for the individual diamond shaped pieces to be cut out on the laser machine. 
 

 
Prototypes for light design - Here I attached the mirrored acrylic pieces onto a vinyl material. It was important the pieces where placed at a certain angle as this would allow the lightshade to turn in the circular way. The flexible wire would then be glued onto the opposite side and covered with a vinyl material, allowing the user to alter the form.

















  When I completed this prototype I decided to
change the shape of the design into something more interesting such as a diamond shaped lightshade.

No comments:

Post a Comment